– Under timed circumstances, the student will answer opinion questions about some aspect of academic life.
– The student will be able to read a passage, listen to a passage and speak about how the ideas in the two passages are related, then also summarize and offer opinion on the information.
– Given long passages consisting of student conversations and academic lectures presented in various American accents, the student will answer questions determining the main idea, details, function, point of view, overall organization of the passage and inferences with at least 70% accuracy.
– Given long passages on academic topics from material that might be found in an undergraduate university textbook, the student will answer questions about the main idea, details and inferences with at least 70% accuracy.
– Under timed circumstances, the student will write a clear and well organized essay on a selected topic.
– The student will write about how the idea in paired reading and listening academic passages are related.
– Under timed circumstances, the student will make decisions to use effective strategies in choice making, time, management and information collection.
© 2017 Campus Education Palisades Park NJ